About the Role
• Strong knowledge of Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows Client and Server operating systems (Latest and Legacy)
Must be a Data center expert managing Data centers for at least 5+ years and have a good understanding of Racking, Stacking, Cabling, Networking, etc.
• Understanding storage equipment (NetApp) including SAN, NAS, ISCSI, SMB3.0 File Share appliances, and Azure Storage base appliances.
•Fiber channel switch design, configuration, administration, and maintenance on Brocade (and possibly QLogic and Emulex).
• Knowledge and experience working with/supporting gaming hardware would be beneficial i.e. Custom builds including CPUs, PSUs, GPUs and Storage etc.
• Familiarity with the network protocols, network systems, DNS, DHCP and Active Directory
• Strong understanding of Microsoft products, software lifecycle methodology, and information systems development
• Racking, installation and support of hardware: Networking equipment, servers/workstations, desktops, games consoles, phones, etc
• Configuration and deployment of OS images and additional software, as needed, to servers, PC’s and devices mainly using Microsoft deployment products such as WDS and SCCM
• Asset Tracking and Maintaining Inventory
• Experience in virtual environments preferably with Hyper-V and System Center Suite
• Monitoring the health and performance of all Windows infrastructure to ensure service availability and Security patching compliance
• Good experience with working through PowerShell Scripting and creating new scripts
• Maintaining relationships with studio key stakeholders
• Create and maintain documentation of environment processes and procedures
• Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
• Strong organization, priority decision-making, and communications skills • Enthusiastic, self-motivated and takes direction well to learn and grow.
• A great team player
• Excellent customer service skills required
• Good written and oral communication skills
Key Accountabilities Lab/Datacenter :
Racking equipment & provisioning hardware when required.
Patch panel cabling.
System monitoring & alerting Setup and Deployment .
Configuration and deployment of OS images to Lab servers, desktops, and devices using Microsoft deployment products such as WDS & SCCM.
Client OS Encryption & Security Management.
Active Directory Object Management.
GPO Creation and Management.
WSUS Setup and Management.
File Server & DFS Setup and Management Break Fix & Support.
Break fix of Servers, desktops, devices & peripherals.
Troubleshooting performance issues on systems.
Tuning systems to get maximum performance.
Liaising with OEM partners for support and tracking right through to resolution.
Tracking all hardware in central asset database.
Quarterly audits of all studio hardware & reporting.
Working with procurement leads on goods receipting & asset tagging.
Tracking Maintenance & Renewal (M&R) contracts for all hardware assets.
Software tracking in Asset DB Software.
Microsoft Enterprise Software – Operating Systems (current and legacy), Office, System Center Suite and other Microsoft software.
3rd party software, utilities, and drivers for various hardware components.
In house developed tools and application deployment as required Virtualization.
Configuration of Windows Server and Virtualized Server environments using Hyper-V Provisioning Virtual machines and maintaining template libraries .
Good working knowledge of Microsoft System Centre Virtual Manager Clustering Good understanding and setup experience of Windows Clustering.
Hyper-V & SQL Networking.
Smart hands support for lab network infrastructure.
Cisco & Arista 1GigE/10GigE networking knowledge, basic configuration and administration, and network patch cable management.
Infrastructure connectivity to various networks.
Wireless Technologies – Familiarity and support Storage Provisioning.
Understanding storage equipment including SAN, NAS, ISCSI, SMB3.0 File Share appliances, and Azure Storage base appliances.
Fiber channel switch design, configuration, administration and maintenance on Brocade (and possibly QLogic and Emulex).
General Maintenance Overview.
Server and Client OS updates using Windows Update and/or WSUS.
3rd Party application patching to an agreed patch compliance threshold .
Firmware updates for server components and other hardware, etc. Manage essentials.
Troubleshooting /maintaining/ monitoring Build environments.
About the Company